"Is that a cat tattoo on your hand?"
I said I had two tattoos in the memory of a dog and cat I loved and will soon be getting another one in memory of my other dog who passed away 2 years ago.
" I have an old black lab too, I know she is not going to live long, she has greys on her face and body now and I know she will soon be gone. but my selfish self wants her to live long" she said while getting ready to draw blood from my hand.
" I hope your lab lives longer" I said.
" I hope so too. I am not ready to let her go yet" she said. There was no pain as my blood trickled into the small beaker, but the pain of loss of my beloved pet and nostalgia swept through and I left the chair with my eyes slightly moist.
I said I had two tattoos in the memory of a dog and cat I loved and will soon be getting another one in memory of my other dog who passed away 2 years ago.
" I have an old black lab too, I know she is not going to live long, she has greys on her face and body now and I know she will soon be gone. but my selfish self wants her to live long" she said while getting ready to draw blood from my hand.
" I hope your lab lives longer" I said.
" I hope so too. I am not ready to let her go yet" she said. There was no pain as my blood trickled into the small beaker, but the pain of loss of my beloved pet and nostalgia swept through and I left the chair with my eyes slightly moist.
No comments:
Post a Comment