"Hello I am H and I am from Iran" he said as he struck a conversation at the bus stop with me and my boy while we waited for our bus. I told him I had a few friends from Iran when I was in college and that they went back to Iran.
"My parents moved to Canada when I was 10 and since then I have not gone back to Iran". I remarked that it must have been tough. He didn't respond to that but stared at a distance. I chose not to say anything further. " I do like Alberta and love this place". He said after a while. " I studied here".
"I am going to the hospital now for a checkup. I just had a major surgery in March. I had cancer in my stomach, I beat cancer you know! Its gone. I say hello to everyone I meet and try to strike up a conversation. I hope you don't mind". I told him I didn't and he got into the bus asking me where I am from and what I had studied. His stop came by quickly. He wished me a good and happy life and told my boy to be a good boy to mommy as he waved goodbye.
"My parents moved to Canada when I was 10 and since then I have not gone back to Iran". I remarked that it must have been tough. He didn't respond to that but stared at a distance. I chose not to say anything further. " I do like Alberta and love this place". He said after a while. " I studied here".
"I am going to the hospital now for a checkup. I just had a major surgery in March. I had cancer in my stomach, I beat cancer you know! Its gone. I say hello to everyone I meet and try to strike up a conversation. I hope you don't mind". I told him I didn't and he got into the bus asking me where I am from and what I had studied. His stop came by quickly. He wished me a good and happy life and told my boy to be a good boy to mommy as he waved goodbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment