Monday, March 21, 2016

Another Cab Driver

#PeopleofEdmonton
" I came from India in 1986, I studied art at Nait and was doing signages for a while. I also was into home building business but I suffered losses while doing a project in Downtown. Thats why I drive taxi now to cover my losses" said our cab driver in Punjabi mixed Hindi.
" My son works with the Govt here. He is a civil engineer. My daughter also works at an IT firm, she got married a few years ago and has a daughter. I got my parents with me after I settled down. They are also here with me. Its good to stay in this country as long as you have a job. You dont have to struggle much. I do miss India, afterall I was born there.But after years of staying here, I dont feel comfortable going back. I have seen my relatives there struggle even with jobs. No matter how much money they make, they all struggle for everything.Waha chain nahin milta.... ...I am not going to charge you the meter. You are from India. It feels nice to talk to someone from my country"
And so he left charging us less than the meter and not accepting the money despite us insisting.

No comments:

Post a Comment